Prev: Re: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2 Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Offers and stuff!

RE: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2

From: steve@p...
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:07:08 -0000
Subject: RE: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2

On 15 Jan 2002 at 10:32, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:

> I am having trouble finding/making buildings that look right next to
> DS2 tanks (1/285th - 1/300th). Perhaps I could impose on the group to
> help.

Remember that as DS2 has a ground scale of 1" to 100m that a single
building model represents a sizable amount of real estate and that
combat in urban areas is very abstracted. Still we want things to
look good, don't we?

> DS2 tanks seem to be 7-15mm tall.
> How tall would a 1 story house (peaked roof) be?
> 1 story flat roof building?
> 2 story house with a peaked roof?
> 3 story flat roofed office building?
> Tool Shed?
> Freeway overpass

I'd use 8-10mm per storey in non-industrial buildings. Count a peaked
roof as another storey (maybe a bit more) on top.

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2 Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Offers and stuff!