Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: GunRunning Down Under

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:04:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The vehicle in question is their latest MBT.
> Cascadian design doctrine
> states that an MBT should primarily be able to Kill
> other MBT's and Survive
> well against other MBT's, and any additional

Pretty much.  Although if you're fighting in hills,
mountains, and forests you HAVE to have APFC
capability.

> use Grav in the cav role).  They are gaga over the
> MDC 5, feeling it is a
> better all-around gun than the HEL (which does less
> damage) or the DFFG
> (Which has a shorter range).

MDC 5 is the best weapon in the game for tank-busting,
bar none.

> Any critiques of this philosophy, and any
> suggestions for addendums to it
> (Other systems to add etc. - PDS is definitely a
> must)?

I know what I'd hunt it with--infantry using GMS,
IAVRs, and call-for-fire.  APFCs are really good to
put a limit on this, as are extra APSWs.  Take a cue
from the Israelis operating in Lebanon--you can't go
wrong hanging as many machine guns as you can fit on a
vehicle.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: GunRunning Down Under