Prev: Re: [OT] making campaign maps and Hi Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

RE: Letters of marque

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:57:37 -0400
Subject: RE: Letters of marque

Karl,

This is true,  we do not control the open seas of the world.  My points
were
based on the Caribbean only.  As I stated, I do not have statistics for
other parts of the world.

If a US Merchant vsl was hit over there it would not be a USCG asset
that
went.  It would be a Navy task force with USCG Law Enforcement
detachments
on board.

Bob Makowsky
USCG SAR

From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>

> >And yes, if we heard of any piracy we would respond with a Cutter
(less
than
> >a frigate but more multi-mission capable) and it would go badly for
the
> >pirates.
>
> Exactly my point. Plus, you guys have High Endurance Cutters that go
> all the way to asia and back from Hawaii.

Err...
Let's say some pirate small craft attack a US freighter somewhere
between
the Philippines and Indonesia. How long for the Cutter to get there from
Hawaii ? On which of the 1000+ Islands in the area will the pirates be
by
that time ?

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] making campaign maps and Hi Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.