Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: Re: KNG

DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:31:04 -0800
Subject: DS2: Design questions of my own.

I had to delete almost 200 posts because I was busy all weekend, so I
missed
a lot of discussion. But the NPC design discussion prompted me to seek
advice on a design issue of my own.  Let me give you all the background
and
then I'll pose the question.

The power in question is in a Non-Tuffleyverse.  The Republic of
Cascadia is
located in what was once Northwestern US/western Canada.  They have a
fairly
low population base, but very high technology and a robust economy.  For

this reason, they prefer to build the best vehicle for the job, and are
willing to pay for whatever level of tech it takes.

The vehicle in question is their latest MBT.  Cascadian design doctrine
states that an MBT should primarily be able to Kill other MBT's and
Survive
well against other MBT's, and any additional capability is icing.  It
should
be as terrain versatile as possible, robust, and deadly, with speed
being
nice but slightly less important.  The types of terrain it faces are
very
varied given the geography of the RC.  For this reason, especially since

forests are frequesnt, the Cascadians prefer Fast Tracked to GEV/GRAV
(They
use Grav in the cav role).  They are gaga over the MDC 5, feeling it is
better all-around gun than the HEL (which does less damage) or the DFFG
(Which has a shorter range).

Any critiques of this philosophy, and any suggestions for addendums to
it
(Other systems to add etc. - PDS is definitely a must)?

Thanks,

Brian B2

Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: Re: KNG