Prev: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: RE: About those Piranha Bugs - LOOOOONG

[FT] Cross the Beams Weapon System

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:04:56 +1300
Subject: [FT] Cross the Beams Weapon System

Rob Knop on Fudge list wrote this:
> Suppose you have a beam weapon which can pass harmlessly through most
matter.  You have a complementary beam weapon which performs likewise.
However, the cross section for interaction of the particles in each beam
weapon is HUGE.  This gives you an armor penetrating beam, but you have
hit the target twice simultaneously with beams at a wide enough opening
angle that the beams don't mingle until they've passed through all the
armor
they need to pass through.

> It's got the super-armor-penetrator capability of meson beams, but is
tricky to use because you have to get the angles and the simultaneous
hits
on your target.  Might make for interesting tactical situations?

I thought the Vacc Heads might find it interesting. :-)

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: RE: About those Piranha Bugs - LOOOOONG