Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

[ADMIN] List serv commands

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:45:16 -0500
Subject: [ADMIN] List serv commands

I obtained, via Brian Bell's page, this list of
listserv commands:
REVIEW - to get a list of subscribers
QUERY - to get the status of your entry on the
list
SET NOMAIL - to remain on the list but not
receive mail
SET MAIL - to reverse the NOMAIL setting
SET CONCEAL - to conceal yourself from
REVIEW listings
SET NOCONCEAL - to reverse the CONCEAL
setting
SET NOREPRO - to prevent the list from sending
you your own postings
SET REPRO - to reverse the NOREPRO setting
LIST - to get a list of mailing lists available on
this host
HELP - to receive a help file

The syntax of these commands for use with the
LISTSERV emulator is:

SUBSCRIBE gzg-L
SIGNOFF gzg-L
REVIEW gzg-L
QUERY gzg-L
SET gzg-L [NO]MAIL
SET gzg-L [NO]CONCEAL
SET gzg-L [NO]REPRO
LIST
HELP

=================
Note their are two categories of the above that
are somehow distinct from one another.

Can someone in the know (Jonathan, are you
out there) clarify for me:

1) What is the significance of these two sets of
instructions and how does their usage different?

2) To which email address do you send them
(majordomo or the gzg-l address)?

3) Do they work on all the GZG e-mail lists
(iincluding the one on wraith, gzg-computer)?

4) Why is SIGNOFF shown in this list when the
unsub instructions refer to "unsubscribe"?
Are both supported?

5) In another section of text (the message that
appears to be sent describing the terms of use
of the list), I see a mention of Bolton Institute.
Since we're being hosted somewhere else now,
should this message refer to Berkeley instead?
Or have I just got an old subscription message?

6) Who owns the GZG list faq (or perhaps meta-
faq now linking together other FAQs)?

Thanks. Turns out that putting together the
definitive reference on our lists is a less minute
task than I at first suspected.

Tomb
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site
"In God We Trust... on Cold Steel We Depend."

Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels