Prev: Lesson for the List #1 (RE: John Atkinson) Next: Re: Lesson for the List #1 (RE: John Atkinson)

Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:04:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback

www.warpfish.com/jhan/ or thereabouts

> Lastly, someone proposed tags [SG] [DS] etc
> for the lists to enable effective sorting. Does
> anyone have a record or an URL which lists the
> proposed tags?

let's see, SG, DS, FT, FMAS, FH for Future History, OT, eventually
BDS, anything else?

> Also, just a general question: If I include a
> politely worded list of recommendations as to
> gzg-l ettiquette, would that be out of place?

How about a brutally blunt list of recommendations? :-)

> - flame wars are undesireable, and polite
> conduct is desireable. Truly controversial issues
> should be approached and discussed
> circumspectly and personal attacks are to be
> avoided. Off-topic issues or emotionally loaded
> issues are best discussed off list.

Might include a few specifically verboten items:
a. gun control
b. the likelihood of X nation becoming a part of Y bloc (insert "US"
and "NAC" for the most common offenders)
c. creation vs evolution

> "please don't be offended by John's tone"

This would be a good idea <vbg>

In addition to the above, you may wish to include:
a. If you want to have a Second American Revolution (or other NAC
breakaways by die hard Welsh, Scots, Confederates, etc) in your
universe, go ahead, however...	We have heard this theme many times
before, so we're going to find it less fascinating than if you
detailed the valiant struggle of, oh, say, the valiant struggles of
the Rajputana Sikhs and their Dogra allies to throw of the repressive
rule of the ESU.  Just a suggestion.
b.  While no one "owns" a canon power, there are people who have done
extensive work on some of them--you may save some time by telling
people what you want and asking if anyone has done it yet.  (I'm
thinking of Indy's fleet list in particular)
c.  define Kochte'd dice, the Teske Field, the pronunciation of
Oerjan, the Narn Bat Squad...

Prev: Lesson for the List #1 (RE: John Atkinson) Next: Re: Lesson for the List #1 (RE: John Atkinson)