Prev: RE: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: RE: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:32:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback

--- Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> wrote:

> - try to stay topical on postings

At least for newbies.  You might also point out that
discussions among the regulars have a disturbing
tendency to veer off into medieval history, WWII tank
design, obscure biological discussions, inside jokes
involving things that happened several years ago at
conventions, Swedish light armored vehicle ground
pressure or other wierdness.  Topicality is a loosing
argument.

> - flame wars are undesireable, and polite
> conduct is desireable. Truly controversial issues
> should be approached and discussed
> circumspectly and personal attacks are to be
> avoided. Off-topic issues or emotionally loaded
> issues are best discussed off list.

I'm not even going to touch this.

> "please don't be offended John's tone" or

Uhhh. . . that would be the _second_ FAQ I'm in. . .
That's a disturbing thought.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: RE: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: RE: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels