Prev: RE: Letters of marque Next: Re: St Jon's remarks

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:14:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> The Navy PR guys plus the Top Gun guys are certainly
> going to want to
> disagree with you there.  I recently ran across an

Yeah, well the F-14 is flown only by the US (oh, yeah,
the Iranians have maybe a half-dozen or so that still
work) and the F-18 is US fighter sold only to our
allies.  It's also less capable than an F-15 for pure
air superiority missions.

> or maybe an F15E.  But I still love those Warthogs
> for making things
> (especially moving things)  go boom!

No argument.  But neither the F-22 nor (regardless of
what the propaganda dept of the USAF say) the JSF is
designed to do what the 'Hog does.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: RE: Letters of marque Next: Re: St Jon's remarks