Prev: Re: Letters of marque Next: RE: Letters of marque

Re: Letters of marque

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:21:47 EST
Subject: Re: Letters of marque

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:32:40 -0500 Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
writes:
<snip>
>	I highly doubt anyone would even contemplate taking over a
>commercial ship in waters so close to the US. It would be like waving
>a big flag and "saying come invade my country."

Again always IIRC:  Most incidents are Indonesian/Malaysian waters.
South
Asia sites, plus a few others.	There have been incidents with boarding
big commercial ships and removing things of value (and killing
resisters)
plus medium to small ships involved in interisland trade are at risk in
the above regions.  In port events have been recorded in the last few
years (My last look at stats was brief and was the 1998 and 1999
numbers.
 Plus many incidents are not reported (Why bother?  The Indonesian Navy
isn't going to recover the stolen goods) as in many other forms of
crime.)

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: Letters of marque Next: RE: Letters of marque