Prev: Re: St Jon's remarks Next: RE: About those Piranha Bugs - LOOOOONG (and more LOOOOONG)

Re: D-Day was Shermans

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:50:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: D-Day was Shermans

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> Just think of, for example, anti-tank guided
> missiles against assaulting
> hovercraft.

The Swedes have truck-mounted Hellfire missles in
their coastal defense units.  I think that would ruin
anyone's day--and since they are mobile they are
harder to neutralize.

> BTW. I have read press reports that in the Kosovo
> air campaign the number of
> fighting units (tanks, AFV, artillery) destroyed was
> quite low - as opposed
> to fixed installations like barracks, depots etc.
> Can anybody comment on
> this ?

This is true.  Also true is the fact that until the
KLA started a ground offensive to start trying to take
down the Yugoslav Army units, they were dispersed
enough to practically ignore the air strikes
indefinitely.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: St Jon's remarks Next: RE: About those Piranha Bugs - LOOOOONG (and more LOOOOONG)