Prev: Interstellar Shipping Next: Re: Interstellar Shipping

[FT] Mercs in space

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:02:06 -0500
Subject: [FT] Mercs in space

5) We talk about Mercs on the ground. Mercs in space are quite feasible
too - maritime recovery, security and anti-piracy. Ops on airless
worlds. Even (anime fans take note) Area88 style Close Aerospace Control

missions - - mercenary pilots and fighters.

Some nations (like, say, New Israel) would have government sponsored
merc fleet units with their own space, assault and space/surface
interface components. Not having a good enough grasp of the DS/SG scale,

I haven't done much to flesh out the particular designs yet for the
planet-fall capable craft of NI, but in general smaller, militarily
overbuilt powers would have power-projection to spare during relatively
quiet times in their particular political-military relationships.

Grim Neon Zebra  (Noam R. Izenberg)

Prev: Interstellar Shipping Next: Re: Interstellar Shipping