Prev: Re: UV detection mutants Next: * * * * HAPPENS!

More detail added to ships...

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:50:44 -0500
Subject: More detail added to ships...

Hello all,

Thank you everyone who provided input on my first ship-building
efforts.  I've found myself a brand now hobby, now all I have to do is
buy FT rules, find players (for anyone on this list, I live in the
Metro Detroit Area, Michigan, USA) and I'm all set.

I worked on the BG and MC some more last night.  Anyone interested in
seeing
what I accomplished can go to:

http://www.geocities.com/flakmagnet72/pics/scratchbuilt/

The old pics from yesterday are still there for comparison, but all of
the new pics are either BG2 and MC2.  I consider these ships
"finished" except for cleaning up feathering from the sanding or the
bubbled plastic you'll see on MC2-Port.jpg on the hull near the bow,
below the wire.

You might note that I chopped the "tacked on" torp-tubes from the MC.
I was ambivalent when I was putting them on, and when someone
mentioned that it was a bit "overmuch" yesterday I resolved to got
with my initial plan of keeping the Y-axis profile narrow, something
the extra tubes bulked out too much.

My current project is going to two more ships to be built along the same
lines
(unified look and all that) but with a 50% incread in size. In my
concept one will sport a multi-tube weapon in the bow, stubby
mine-layer/torp tubes studding the sides and possibly a few PD weapon
along it's length.  The other will be a carrier type craft for
fighters and bombers to call "mothership".  Each will be large enough
for
me to model small tanks (storage, not combat) and tubing onto, so I'm
looking forward to trying some new techniques on them.	After thas
come escorts, then fighters...	Then I need to develope another "look"
and build a fleet of those... wheee!

I've also found a group on Yahoo expressley for this kind of
shipbuilding;

I'll likely take my exhibitionistic tendencies with my
ships there after this message.  It's a more focused, therefore, more
appropriate forum I think.  As this group seems to tend more towards
discussions of the political setting than modeling/playing.  (Not that
I'll be leaving this list, mind you.)  However, if the members of this
list
would like me to continue sharing links to pics of my latest efforts,
I'll be happy to do so.  I'll wait for some response to get an
unnofficial consensus.

--
Best regards,
 Flak