Prev: Semi-OT: Oxford English Dictionary wants you! Next: Re: World Camouflage

Re: Mercs in Space

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:14:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Mercs in Space

> Where did all those unit names come from?

All from the Alarishi Empire.

> I guess I was more questioning how a Merc unit could get from point A
to B
without out either being -
> A: Interdicted by local governments
> B: Overtly obvious (in the case o in-house vessels)
> C: Or overly compromised by relying on somebody else to move you.
> D: Or, finally, finding themselves unable to find reliable transport
for
all their assets to one locale.

One hopes that your employer will be able to get you to the point of
action,
because if they can't break a blockade to get you there, they're
probably
going to lose.	Depends on the size of the unit and the equipment.  If
you're going as cadre, you can take commercial transport for the
personnel
and worry about equipment later.  If you're trying to bring a reinforced
armored infantry brigade--which I personally think is ridiculously large
for
a merc organization, not that anyone asked me--then yeah, you have to
hire
people who'll get ulsers dealing with transporting you there in the
first
place, plus making sure that you have access to parts, techs, ammo, etc
which the locals aren't geared up to provide.

> Any of these could be major stumbling blocks.  Don't get me wrong, I
love
space mercs and that is in fact the role my PAs will play.  They form a
small but effective force of hi-tech armored soldiers.

Prev: Semi-OT: Oxford English Dictionary wants you! Next: Re: World Camouflage