Prev: Re: Sherman's was something else Next: RE: Scratchbuilt ships...

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:59:26 -0600 (CST)
Subject: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

I AND MY FRIENDS  also use the huge TRAVELLER, super developed
universe, ,  as well as player designed subsectors using the  TRAVELLER
system, as the background (modified) for our science fiction gaming
since the 1970s.

FOR RULES we have used STARGUARD, STARSHIP MARINE BOARDING ACTION RULES,
SPACE MARINE -FGU NOT GW, STRIKER,   STRIKE  FORCE ALPHA, and others
including SLAMMER and SGII for ground combat and ship boarding actions.

SPACESHIP AND  STARSHIP , including  lesser spacecraft, combat has been
handled with more  rules than  I  can name  here,  including
-recently-FT.

FIGURES IN use over the  years include 25mm GRENADIER, RP,  STAN
JOHNSON, HERITAGE MODELS, GARRISON, STAR WARS, ARCHIVE, as well as 28mm
scale figures in metal and plastic from GW (BIG TIME!), RAFM,  METAL
MAGIC, DENIZEN, GZG, and other makers.

Pick an alien model and someone probably has it! Ditto for a humans!

We use a lot of  fantasy, Cthulhu,  dinosaurs, and other prehistoric
animals  /birds for native as well as introduced Earth wildlife on our
worlds.

ALSO plastic aquatic animals, assorted insects, arachnids, millipedes,
centipedes and	snakes too.

USING the  TRAVELLER system,  human and alien armed forces run from
topline to really, really mediocre-bad. Assorted tech levels too.

We have the SPACE PIRATES so beloved of sci-fi too, both human and
non-human.

SOOO,  some folks  may say we are not "serious" in our gaming as we do
not stay awake	nights worrying about the latest science breakthroughs
causing game revisions, we just "soldier on" and have fun.

LOL, after all, playing games and having fun i with friends s what the
hobby is about to a large extent, with painting, reading, modelling,
terrain making , making up the	rest.

OOOPS, also, I am a long time gamer (since the	early 70s) who	gmes
almost	everything from dinosaurs to starships and starship troopers.

Ancient, medieval, science fiction ground and space warfare,  VSF, 19th
century colonial warfare,  wild  west, RPGing ( TRAVELLER in particular)
are  my favorite game genres.

GLAD TO MEET Y"ALL!

DAWGFACE

Prev: Re: Sherman's was something else Next: RE: Scratchbuilt ships...