Prev: Re: Scratchbuilt ships... Next: Re[2]: Cammo was: girl soldiers

Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:48:18 +0000
Subject: Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:32:08PM -0500, Flak Magnet wrote:
>Hello gzg-l,
>
>  I was inspired by a website I saw a long time ago (and revisited this
>  week because of this list) and so last night I got to putting
>  together some ships out of Plastruct stock plastic, guitar wire and
>  brass rod.  Please check them out and let me know what you think of
>  them.

Wow.

A certain NSL look to them, but anything vaguely slab-sided would
suggest that. The non-straightness of the starboard-side wires on MC
could be a problem; on the other hand, the "towers" (particularly on BG)
work extremely well even in the unpainted state, as does MC's array of
bow tubes (though I think that _either_ the block of 8 _or_ the outside
pair would work better than having both).

Might be worth adding a bit of surface texture to the lower flanks of
MC, to counter the high-detail of the wires. This could probably be done
with a decent paint-job, though. BG doesn't need it as much, because it
doesn't have the wires drawing attention.

Roger

Prev: Re: Scratchbuilt ships... Next: Re[2]: Cammo was: girl soldiers