Prev: Re: Drones and RPVs Next: RE: RE: girl soldiers

RE: RE: girl soldiers

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:21:32 +0100
Subject: RE: RE: girl soldiers

Jon T. wrote:

>Although I can't vouch for its authenticity, the story I heard MANY
years
>ago was that a downed RAF Mosquito in the desert slowly became less and
>less visible to overflying recon planes as time went on - when someone
>finally went and took a look at ground level, they found that the sand
had
>stripped all the paint off the airframe, leaving the pink glue or
sealer
>that had been applied over the plywood surfaces, which proved to be
>virtually invisible against the desert terrain.

Except, of course, to us red-green colourblind guys - for us, it sticks
out
like a sore thumb :-)

During WW2 the Wehrmacht had a desert camouflage, including pink, which
worked very well against British recon planes - until the dastardly
Brits
found out that colourblind spotters had no problem detecting vehicles
with
this camo. Under normal circumstances colourblind people I doubt if
colourblind people would've been allowed as aircrews at all...

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Drones and RPVs Next: RE: RE: girl soldiers