Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)

Re: GZG Store

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:44:58 -0600
Subject: Re: GZG Store

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:11:23 +0000, Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzg.keme.co.uk>
wrote:

>However, we CAN give you a VAT receipt which (if
>the amount is worth worrying about) you can use to reclaim the VAT in
some
>way when you leave the country (I'm not exactly sure how this works,
you'd
>have to inquire with the Customs people).

When I was in Scotland in '92, the way to do it was to fill out a form
that
the Customs folk had at the airport. The easiest way to do it is to go
there
when you land and ask them. That way you can get all the stuff you need.

This is true of most countries. In Canada, there are ways of claiming
the GST
and (I think) provincial taxes if you live out of the country. This can
often
be considerable, though most people don't bother. In the US, I know that
Louisiana has rules about getting the sales tax back for people living
outside
of the country (and maybe outside of the state).

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@att.net

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)