Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)

Re: Merc Guild - Not Really

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:05:31 +0100
Subject: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
> > It was also the Turkish army under Attaturk (sp?)
> > that was responsible for
> > the Armenian Genocide...

Acknowledged

> And massacred the last of the Anatolian Greeks
> excepting a tiny community in Constantinople (now at
> about 5,000).

Right again.
Except that Constantinople is not in Anatolia, and that some small
communities have survived on the Ioanian coast.

> Let's just say that no matter how "secular" the Turks
> get, they will still wage genocidal campaigns of
> extermination against non-Turks whenever they can get
> away with it.  Just ask the Kurds.  (Or Hungarians, or
> Bulgarians, or Serbs, or Croats, or Montenegrins, or
> Greeks, or . . . )  If people are massacred in the
> name of secular Turkish nationalism, it doesn't make
> it an better than if they are massacred in the name of
> religious Islamic intolerance.

True. On the other hand, you are picking on several hundred years of
history. Every nation and every army has its dark spots. We might be
wise to
let some of it rest. Anyone ready to discuss US slavery or the treatment
of
the native Americans ?

And I don't think all this is too relevant to GZG games.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: Re: Drones (UAVs)