Prev: RE: [FT4] Full Thrust for Four-year-olds Next: Re: Twilight 2000

Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 02:46:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

I have had some thoughts of doing some "leafy" trees.
But I allways ran into "how to do the leaves?"
Then I thought of it...just do a "forest" of  tree trunks.
The leafy portions of major trees are usally a ways up.
This will probably look really strange, but construction should be
shorter.

As for bases, I discovered that "Crayola" makes a "modeling clay".
This is really a kind of rubbery material.  While it does make a solid,
it remains somewhat flexable after "drying".  I think it will survive
the handling better than "solid" clay.	It comes in packs of white, and
multi-color packs.  The box says it can be colored by paints or markers.

As for "premade" trees, pine / palm trees are easy to get.
Try  www.Sugarcraft.com -- tree page.  These are trees made for cakes.
You will have to trim the spikes a little before use.  I ordered some of
these.

They arrived after a couple of days.

I would love to hear of a source for gaming quality premade leafy trees.

Donald Hosford