Prev: RE: [FT4] Full Thrust for Four-year-olds Next: Re: Merc Guild

RE: Merc Guild

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:36:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Merc Guild

--- Bob Makowsky <rmakowsky@yahoo.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> I listen to you on this list and hold my replies but
> I have to respond to
> this.  It may be that all Arabs that you have met or
> know of are poor
> tankers.  However this does not mean that "All
> Arabs" are poor tankers.

When was the last time an Arab nation won a tank
fight?	Fer crying out loud, they can't beat Israelis
driving Shermans with T-55s and the advantage of
numbers.  They have brigades chopped up by AMX-13
batallions.  The Lybian tankers got clobbered by
Chad--who's main force units were driving Toyota
pickup trucks with Milan launchers bolted to the beds.
 And the performance of the Iraqi Army was so bad that
the only troops who were even slowed by their defenses
were Syrians and Egyptians.

Sure, there are US tankers of Arab descent--but the
vast majority of them are no more culturally Arab than
I am.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: RE: [FT4] Full Thrust for Four-year-olds Next: Re: Merc Guild