Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: MPs

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:17:51 EST
Subject: Re: MPs

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 02:34:25 -0500 "Thomas Barclay"
<kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca>
writes:
<snip>
>Would it be sensible in a future military to have
>MP functions broken out into "Military Police"
>(Combat MPs) and "Military Investigation and
>Enforcement Personel" (LEA and CID types)?

You are describing what I experienced from 1971-1978 in the USAF _ we
had
"Air Police" - basically military police backing up the "Security
Police"
- the infamous 'rivet counters' guards of the SAC aircraft at out ATC
base...  1)I can't say it was that divided AF wide because we had SAC as
a tenant unit and they always did things the "SAC" way (I will *not*
tell
all those old jibes/jokes...) and 2) It was Conus - don't know how they
operated a)Overseas and b)Vietnam specifically.

As for OSI types (Office of Special Investigations - well nobody ion the
hospital liked dealing with them anytime so I have no knowledge at all
other then they existed and they had a bad relationship with our
Squadron...  Not all their fault I assure you.

<snip>

Prisoner breakout attempts (like have happened in recent weeks in
Pakistan and Afghanistan) would be opponent dependent I expect...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild