Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: SG2 Scale Survey

Re: Merc Guild

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:27:07 -0800
Subject: Re: Merc Guild

John Atkinson wrote:

> > if they're an elite unit, be able to command the
> > price they want, including
> > some sort of insurance against loss of equipment.
>
>1)You can't get blood from stones.  If you're charging
>more than your customer can afford, you're what's
>technically called "unemployed."

Not if there are other customers out there that CAN afford you.  There
will
definitely be an entire supply/demand dynamic.	Mercs won't work for
less
than $X, customers won't pay more than $Y, in between the two is where
you'll find most contracts.

>2)WTF sort of IDIOT would insure combat equipment?

Let me clarify what I meant.  IF a merc unit is an armored unit, and IF
it's
good enough to command these sort of contracts, I'm sure they will
contain
one of these clauses:

A) Customer shall supply us with tanks (Least likely)
B) Customer shall provide us with replacement vehicles equal to X% of
combat
losses
C) Customer shall pay us Ungodly sums as our normal fee, which will
likely
take into account risk of loss.

>3)Shall I bring up the question of life insurance?
>You also need to have some sort of feeder of
>replacement troops in--and trained ones, too.

That is an interesting issue.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: SG2 Scale Survey