Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: OT: Club Map

Re: [SG] PBeM

From: "NeoMatrix" <neomatrix@b...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:54:15 -0000
Subject: Re: [SG] PBeM

>Anyone worked out SG2-by-PBeM?

Not yet - still waiting for my first game - the 15mm GZG bug has bitten
at
the club (since I introduced them to FT last year)and enthusiasm levels
are
riding high, so I expect a game this month.

I did think about it a good while back, and didn't come up with anything
solid, though I did tinker around with using FTMAP for mapping -
something
I'll have to re-do as the prog I wrote to handle it was wiped in the 2nd
great wipe of '01.

The basic idea is that you draw several terrain tiles - much like the
TSS(?)
terrain tiles - for hills in brown with different shades for each height
level.	Trees and buildings can be overlaid on said tiles to create the
battlefield map, with troops laid on last if visible.  You can produce
excellent maps with FTMAP. I have redrawn the grunt gifs for anyone who
might want them.

>If so, how?  And is anyone sufficiently eager to give it a try?

I'd certainly like to lurk, or perhaps give it a try if no-one else
has/will

> Something fairly small and straight forward,

Simple is good, I can do simple. Recon in Force seems adequate ...

>probably with prewritten orders instead of alternating just to speed
things
up, I'd >think.

I think alternating  would be less hassle to resolve, and ultimately
faster
to play, as the command focus would be on the 'now' action with less
need
for specuative orders.	Prewritten orders would remove the link between
the
ebb and flow which SG2 tries to simulate IMVHO :-]

>(Caveat: beating me will earn you no bragging rights as it'll be my
>first game since ECC...which was itself my first game).

Only time will tell

:D

http://www.neomatrix.btinternet.co.uk/index.html

Cloned from original Simpson DNA