Prev: Re: [sg] Merc Guild Next: RE: Merc Guild

Re: Merc Guild

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:37:25 -0800
Subject: Re: Merc Guild

LaserlightWrote:

course, that does raise the question of where the merc units get
>the funds to pay for something a government can't afford.  Corporate
>units, perhaps, or big loans.	Maybe merc units have a loan insurance
>officer instead of a political officer...
>"Major, stop that pursuit!"
>"But we have the enemy right where we want them!"
>"Yes but you're risking MCr50 if they counterattack!"

Perhaps a certain amount of coverage for losses is written into
contracts,
especially for units with a more solid reputation.  For new units trying
break into the game, that's part of the motivation for performing well
--
the more successful in battle, the higher the remuneration, and the more

able to replace equipment losses.  As for equipment that a hiring
government
can't afford -- if it can't afford the equipment, it probably can't
afford
the mercs.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: [sg] Merc Guild Next: RE: Merc Guild