Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: Merc Guild

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:17:30 -0800
Subject: Re: Merc Guild

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker	wrote:

>I think that the deniability issue is still a difficulty. Setting the
>money tracking issue aside and concentrating on equipment:
>
>Getting large quantities of another country's arms would probably be
>traceable, and mercenaries would probably be looking for newer designs
>rather than cheap knock-offs (i.e. M-4s instead of AK-47s).
>
>While possession of the arms isn't positive proof, it's a pretty strong
>indicator that may provoke action anyway.

While I won't argue this point with you, I might argue that reduced
deniability might not be an issue in the future.  Governments,
especially on
other planets, might just need a better army than they can scrape up.
They
don't care if anyone knows who sent that force in, they just want a good

force.	They're on a planet with a small population base, but rich in
capital, so they buy the army they can't raise.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild