Prev: RE: Military Police Next: RE: Scouts and EW guys

Scouts and EW guys

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:18:50 -0500
Subject: Scouts and EW guys

John,

I agree an EW guy per section is useful. Note
that EW doesn't appear all that frequently
(attached at platoon level usually) in the SG2
universe (or seems to be).

So, why? Probably because there are
(undescribed) reasons. I'd suggest since we
can make PA, portable plasma guns, etc, that
we can make portable HARMs, perhaps as
ammo for HAMRs, other sniper weapons, or
perhaps as GMS/P rounds. Or as bomblet from
artillery. This kind of think might deter your
heavy emission strategy.

I mean, ideally, I'd like every line squad to have
2xSAW plus a sniper, but people don't seem to
do that. There are obviously reasons.

One good one, outside of a PSB, is that too
much FP or too much EW on a board distorts
the feel of the game.

(This said from a guy who had one game in
which 24 or 27 GMS/P rounds fired were
blunted by ECM or EW).

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304

Prev: RE: Military Police Next: RE: Scouts and EW guys