Prev: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support) Next: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support)

RE: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:07:43 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

>I will, however, look into a plastics supplier.  I know that there's
one in
Philly, near the convention area.

  Plastics suppliers, US East Coast: Laird, Trident, Cadillac, Ain,
Commercial, plus others.  Most of their offcuts will probably be acrylic
but that should definitely include .118" and .090", and possibly .060"
thick also.  You can score & snap it--if you use a jigsaw, use a slow
reciprocation rate and/or put soap on the blade to keep the acrylic from
heating up too much (it melts--will seal together behind the blade and
also gum up the teeth).
  Styrene sheet comes in 30x40" sheets, as I recall, and thicknesses of
.030, .060, .080.  You may also want to try Sintra or the equivalent,
which is a form of PVC and comes in 1mm, 2mm, 3mm etc.
  If you don't have a plastics supplier (or if they do't want to bother
with small orders), try an acrylic fabricator.	Failing that, a sign
shop--most of them are larcenous at heart but you may be able to pick up
"small offcuts"--don't call it "scrap"--at a reasonable price.	Let them
know that you're not picky about which material (sintra, styrene, etc),
just the thickness.

http://mail2web.com/ .