Prev: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support) Next: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support)

From : [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] RE: Ortillery

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 07:40:29 EST
Subject: From : [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] RE: Ortillery

Something to share, even if we have talked about the concept before,
it's
reminder that high tech occasionally apes low tech...

From: Dave Hornung <hornung@buffnet.net>
To: Stargrunt-Full Thrust Groups <Stargrunt-Fullthrust@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Ortillery
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:00:20 -0800

Hi All

Glenn wrote about aero/space support.  Actually this could that the form
of rocks.  Project Thor was an idea where by 3m x .4m tunstan rods could
be dropped from orbit using guidence fins and a seaker guidence.  The
kinetic energy was tremedous!!!

So Ortillery would not need to be NBC, you could just drop rocks,
remember meteor crater?  For that matter a large group of small objects,
if they started out big enough to last through reentry would do the job.

Dave, yes we do have a lot of snow in Buffalo!!!

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/I6QolB/TM