Prev: Re: [OT] Wehrmacht atrocities was: Experience and Training Next: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support)

Re: LLAR in the intersentient war

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 14:46:24 EST
Subject: Re: LLAR in the intersentient war

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:21:46 +0100 KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(K.H.Ranitzsch) writes:

> [...]

Why?

At 25 years to a new generation - the LLAR has had (2183 (plus) minus
2100 when the league leaves earth) 83 years (working on the fourth
generation) to adapt to not thinking "Earth" is home but that 'their
worlds" are 'home' only the very oldest citizens would remember Earth
and
the first generation off Earth would start transferring loyalty to
'their' worlds.

I think three generations later it would, "Well, if it was not too
costly, we have our homes to defend... Besides we haven't needed them in
what, 80 plus years?  Screw the gringo bastards and their boot licking
peons.	Yeah, kill the 'Cucarachas' but defend the "Earthie" NAC?  No
big
loss if they die killing Kra'vak."

>Of course, for this to work, Earth should not be conquered or
>destroyed by
>the Kra'vak.
>
>So, the LLAR may cooperate against the Kra'vak, but use every
>opportunity to
>weaken the NAC in the process.
>"Ay, Amigo. You say that your NAC fleet is facing overwhelming odds
>around
>Salusa Secundus. You need urgent help ? So sorry, our ships are down
>for
>repairs. When will they be ready ? Maņana, perhaps, si Dios quiere"
>When the
>FSE asks for support, they are suddenly ready.
>
>;-)
>Greetings
>Karl Heinz

Depends a lot on where the original constituents of the LLAR in space
came from too.	And what happens after to the new generations.

Brazil?  Mexico?  Mostly 'European' looking elites, Mestizo, or indio
citizens?  Refugees or prewar emigrants? And what numbers are emigrants
from Earth and how fast has the non-Earth born population grown?

IMVU (to paraphrase John, "...in my version of the universe...") the
average family size off Earth in the LLAR areas is circa 6.7 (okay, it's
a number I just made up but it fits) with a significantly low death rate
(modern medicine in the ex-colonies, now 'home') of children.  Marriage
occurs early (age 18.7 median) and the government encourages childbirth
with a regressive tax rate (higher for 'DINK's, lower for large
families.)

Most of the LLAR types still hate the NAC (beyond reason sometimes) but
the IC isn't far behind.  And Earth is 'An Old Man's Dream' to the
latest
generation.  Honor requires you hate/hinder the NAC but recover
Earth...?

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com