Prev: Re: From MT Re: Ortillery Next: Re: The First Intersentient War

Re: SG-Ortillary

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:45:35 -0500
Subject: Re: SG-Ortillary

> Uhh. . . depends on your definition of turn and MU.
> IIRC, someone once worked out that if a MU is 1000km
> and a turn is 7.5 minutes then each thrust point is 1G
> of acceleration.  Which works out so nicely that this
> is the Official Scale of the NREverse. (IMUD*)  Also
> works out so nicely that I rather suspect that it's
> not quite so, but I don't care.

I was the someone, and it's pretty close.  I don't recall the exact
figures but the equation is d=0.5at^2 where d = whatever distance you
want a mu to be, a = whatever acceleration you care for, and t =
however long you feel the turn ought to be.
(Of course, at the end of the turn you've built up a velocity of *2*
mu/turn...but we all close our eyes and pretend iit doesn't exist).

Prev: Re: From MT Re: Ortillery Next: Re: The First Intersentient War