Prev: Re: The First Intersentient War Next: Re: [OT] Japan

RE: The First Intersentient War

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:41:43 EST
Subject: RE: The First Intersentient War

> Tomb said:
> >No one has talked about this. But... WHO SAYS
> HUMANITY WINS? Jon really hasn't let on. Maybe
> Earth faces a Kra'Vak Occupation! Maybe we
> end up having to drive them from Earth via
> Guerilla war. Maybe we just lose out and our
> hope goes to off Earth colonies (somewhat like
> the theme in the RPG High Colonies).
>

> Maybe the KV think we're a subject race of the Really Bad Dudes (eg
the
Cthulhoid/Puppetmaster Hive) who are on the other side of us and they're
just going
through us to get to them.  And it turns out that we should've joined
the KV instead of
fighting them.

There's an interesting book by Kevin O'Donnell Jr. -- the title, alas,
escapes me -- that
pits humanity against an extremely agressive alien race, who appears to
be attacking for
no good reason.  As it turns out, the aliens are using the relatively
low-tech human
troops to train their soldiers for the war against the REAL enemy, on
the far side of
space.

Fun book.  Kinda space-operatic, but nothing wrong with that.  I'll look
up the title when
I get home, if anyone is interested.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: The First Intersentient War Next: Re: [OT] Japan