Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/ DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: back to the flock, FT questions

Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:29:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 06:36:01PM -0500, Laserlight wrote:
>> "A new life awaits YOU in the off-world colonies!"
>> I.e., huge colonisation subsidies
>if anyone has the money to spare.

With all the war-construction shipping still around, transport is cheap.
And subsidising colonists is probably cheaper than living with major
civil disturbance and possible insurrection.

>And if they're willing to give away
>prime colonizing territory for nothing.

"Give away"? I'm thinking of worlds which could have been colonised
anyway, but hadn't yet been.

>And if the dangerous people
>want (or can *easily* be forced) to go.

That just needs a good PR campaign. Let's face it, a lot of them _will_
be happier on a colony world than trying to fit into "civilisation"
after they've fought to the death for it...

Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/ DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: back to the flock, FT questions