Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:30:07 EST
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:09:37 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Don M <dmaddox1@hot.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> It is an almost 1950s mentality on both side with
>
>You misspelled "1050s" on the religious intolerance
>but their nuclear warfighting doctrine makes our 1950s
>doctrine look positively realistic.  And we at least
>had the excuse of total ignorance about little factors
>like fallout.

Did we?  Or we just accept what we wanted to hear and discount the rest?

>> years of religious
>> intolerance
>> on top of it.............Add to this that one side
>> will be reincarnated and
>> the other
>> gets a host of virgins in paradise and you have all
>> the makings of a
>> Glow-in-Dark
>> goat screw..........Damn now I'm depressed!
>
>Hey, if it weren't for the fact that Americans are
>going to be caught in the middle, I'd have a case of
>beer and watch the Six Minute War with mild amusement.
> Sort of a final chapter to the boneheaded history of
>English Colonialism (granted that the English have
>done better than some other colonialists--but feeling
>good about comparisons to Imperial Japan, Leopold of
>Belgium, and the Spanish Inquisition mean you're in
>the wrong category to begin with.)

John, my Cherokee great grandmother is quoted in family oral history as
saying something very, very similar.  Guess it depends on where you sit
in the equation. <grin>   But she had no qualms about what to do with
people atttacking her America - She'd be more then slightly militant
about what we should do with Al Queda - "Execution first, trial
afterwards" to quote the Quenn of Hearts.

>If only we could get Syria and Iraq to nuke each
>other--now that's a fireworks show I could appreciate.
>
>John

We all have a list like that John in our deepest unconscious mind.  But
think I'll pass on a live-fire of WMD demonstration if at all possible.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems