Prev: Re: subscribing Next: Re: Grav

stargrunt.com - where for art thou?

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:14:38 -0500
Subject: stargrunt.com - where for art thou?

I see, much to my horror, stargrunt.com seems
to have closed its doors! This is terrible news!
(Even if it happened when I wasn't looking).

Jed Sadler did so much great work on the site
and had some really great pieces posted there.
I do hope he can get it up and going again,
though it is (no word of a lie) a lot of work to
set up and run one of these things.

It was an inspiration to me and it was what
inspired me to get together with Adrian and
start stargrunt.ca.

Jed, if you're out there, I'd like to thank you for
all your work and if you have any old content
you'd like rehosted, let me know... you had
some good stuff up there. We've already got
Owen sending us TO&Es.... but you had rules
and other things. I'd be glad to try to give
them a new home. And thanks for all your
efforts past! I do hope to see stargrunt.com
back on the map sooner rather than later (and
if not, if you decide you're going to let the
domain lapse, drop me an e-mail beforehand...
I don't want it to fall into the hands of some of
the unenlightened masses).

Anyway, I guess that makes stargrunt.ca a
logical hosting place for most groundpounder
content (we'll do some FT, but let's be honest -
my FT history is checkered....). So, if you have
something you'd like to contribute, drop by the
site and use our handy feedback form or grab
out various e-mail addresses. Drop us an article
or contribution in HTML or plain text (we might
get templates up someday....). If you want to
make life easier, take a look at the somewhat
standardized layouts we used and use the
same logical breakdown (titles/sections).

So far, we've got content from Mr. Rutherford
(though he'll have to remind me of the URL...),
Los (Rot Hafen), some newbie advice from
Laserlight, and TO&Es coming in from Owen G.
And me and Adrian's contributions! We're glad
to have more articles from people and we'll get
them up and posted as expediently as real-life
allows.

Anyway, back on point.... Mr. Sadler, I'm raising
a glass to you here in Ontario, because your
work inspired what has followed. Cheers, Mate!

Tomb Raider

Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304

Prev: Re: subscribing Next: Re: Grav