Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:22:36 -0800
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Wow.... if I had known what a can of worms I was opening, I would have
done
it sooner.  I'm kinda proud of the discussion I touched off.  Let me see
if
I can summarize some of the points made/argued so far, and see if people

agree.	Then I'll see if I can incorporate them into gaming system(s):

1. Training outweighs experience when facing a situation outside your
experience.
2. Experience outweighs training in matters of covering your posterior.
3. Training and Experience combined kicks said posterior.
4. Well-trained rookies may or may not freeze up, but if well-trained
enough, their training takes over.  Veterans are less likely to freeze
up,
but more likely to decide it's time to go.
5. Experience is more accurately reflected on the individual, not unit,
level.

Any other points?

Brian B2