Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: RE: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:19:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

--- Derek Fulton <derekfulton@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Oh no! you've done it now :) In days of old,
> mentioning 'Tom Clancy' as a
> 'reference' was a guaranteed way of sending John
> Atikson off frothing at
> the mouth <very large GRIN>.

Not as good as way as misspelling my last friggin'
name.

Anyway, TC is a fictional author.  He makes a lot of
assumptions that aren't warrented.  But I'll buy him
as quoting DuPuy accurately, especially seeing as how
it accords with some other references.

> Seriously though, from what I have read the US Army
> had a major morale
> problems in the 70's which required a major effort
> to correct (one
> reference went so far as to state that in some
> formations officers needed
> protection from their own men).

Yeah.  I've heard stories--and found some seriously
creepy documentation.

John