Prev: RE: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: [FT] Shields or not

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:25:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Shields or not

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> I managed to delete the post before replying, but someone said
something
> like "against K3s a ratio of armour to hull of 2:7 is optimal" - or at
> least that's how I read it, but I hope what was written (and meant)
was "a
> ratio of armour to the first hull row of 2:7 is optimal". Since I no
longer
> have the post I can't check!

I did not say that  that 2:7 was optimal, I said that it was a good
number.  I
neglected to state my reason.  The reason is that if you have any more
armor
than a 2:7 ratio, there will be a significant probablilty that there
will still
be some undestroyed armor when the ship blows up.  Only having two
points of
armor for every seven points of hull integrity in the first row implies
that
you intend to leave before the second threshold check.