Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:39:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

On 27-Dec-01 at 16:34, Don M (dmaddox1@hot.rr.com) wrote:

> One example pops into mind right off a newly formed but trained Roman
> legion Vs a veteran
> Celtic or German war band.............Training normally wins.

I wouldn't call that a training versus experience situation.  That's
more superior doctrine, tactics, and technology.  If your opponents
don't understand formation fighting all the experience in the world,
or all the training in the world, isn't going to save them.

Reminds me of a sci-fi book I recently read.  The Roman legions were
kicking butt because the were soldiers.  All their opponents were
warriors.