Prev: RE: [SG] Rash Next: Re: [FT] Shields or not

Re: [FT] Shields or not

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:32:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Shields or not

Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> >2) Your opponents use very few, if any, P-torps or K-guns - this
design has
> >very little protection against such weapons.
>
>No, we don't have any Kravak players. I do wonder why it doesn't have
>protection against PTs.

I wrote "very little protection", not "no protection". There's a
difference.

>I know the structure is lowish, but I haven't sen any major problems
with
>a 20% hull 10% armour mix. It seems to do fairly well against PTs.

While the armour will absorb some of the P-torp damage the ship will
start
taking threshold checks before it loses all its armour if hit by
concentrated P-torp fire which reduces the armour's effectiveness
(though
not nearly as much as K-guns would!). The ship's main line of defence is

its screens, however - and they are completely powerless against
P-torps.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: [SG] Rash Next: Re: [FT] Shields or not