Prev: Re: Work in progress update Next: Re: Work in progress update

Re: ECM MT Missiles

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 07:58:32 -0600
Subject: Re: ECM MT Missiles

On Friday, December 21, 2001, at 02:21 AM, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> No no. I didn't make that clear, sorry.
>
> PDS should be 50% effective for 1 PDS and 75% for 2 PDS.
>
> The number of ECM missiles in a salvo should be 25% and not 50% of
total
> missiles fired.  If you use more then 25% ECM you hit the point of
> diminishing returns where increasing the number of ECM misssiles
> decreases the number of actual missiles that hit the target. For my
> calculations I used a base of 20 missiles (to make numbers easier) and
> did my calculations where 5 missiles (25% of the salvo) were ECM and
15
> were regular missiles. This makes 15 warheads and 15 ECM dummies.

Alright!  Now I'm seeing things correctly.  I was wondering a little
because some of my stats were indicating that using a 1:1 mix of regular

to ECM missiles was only productive when the PDS ratio was at least 2:1.

Thanks,

Kevin Walker
Horizon Concepts, Inc.
Macintosh & Windows Development
Miniature Painting & Sculpting

Prev: Re: Work in progress update Next: Re: Work in progress update