Prev: [OT] Fleet Action 2 Playtest Available Next: RE: [OT] Voting schemes

RE: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:46:06 +1100
Subject: RE: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

G'day guys,

Andrew pointed me to:
>Monday's issued of Sluggy Freelance might provide some, ah,
>inspiration:
>	 http://www.sluggy.com/
>    for the SG side of things.

Thanks for that.... though I thought I was warped ;)

Rob suggested:
>Against Santa:
>A Certain Fizzy-Drink Corporation...
>The Post Office...
>
>General confusion issues:
>Department store\charity worker imitation Santas...
>
>Pro Santa:
>Santa knows who's been naughty and nice...
>He also knows what everyone wants for christmas...

Great ideas!! Thanks!!

Laserlight asked:
>It rather depends on what setting you want, n'est-ce pas?
>Is the opposition taking the attitude "Saint Nicholas is coming and we
>have to stop him so we can carry out our Nefarious Plan", or is it
>more "What *is* that?	Dunno, let's see if we can knock it down!".

More the later, though with Rob's twists it could turn into the former
;)

>a) If you want to use Ron, Hermione, and What's His Name as flankers,
>then you might reasonably have black magicians, hags, vampires etc as
>the opposition.

True, maybe on a roll they turn up? I was also thinking along the lines
of a
serious of challenges they have to figure out to help Santa along (the
kids
have become puzzle mad since we read the first Potter book).

>b) If you want a SF setting, then...I dunno, maybe Chinese air defense
>assets are mistaking the sleigh for a Capitalist Spy Plane?

This is more what I had in mind.

>c) Maybe W Files agents are trying to score so they can get promoted
>to X?

;)

>d) Are the Men In Black taking part, and if so, on which side?

Janneke loves MIB so you may be on a winner there... as for which side,
knowing Janneke the winning one ;)

Tom chipped in:
>To stop Santa:
>Send the X-files dude and his cute sidekick. Or
>maybe they'd end up helping Santa. They're kind of ambigous.

Janneke can run them along with MIB then they'd be true to form ;)

>Of course, many major Toy Companies would
>send corporate security, since they clearly don't
>want the Old Commie Punter giving away toys.
>That eats into corporate profits.

Nice idea... fits in well with Rob's ideas too!

>Another group against Santa would be
>puritanical religous zealots....

Mmmm "nuns-with-guns" could be useful here ;)

>A group of anti-materialist protestors....

Where am I gonna get feral greenie figs? ;)

>On Santa's side:
>Kick arse elves.

I see my PK gnomes coming in handy here ;)

>These guys can manufacture
>just about anything. I'm sure the sleigh they
>built the old man has massive stealth, PDS
>galore, plenty of decoys, superior ECM, etc.

That's what I was thinking too.

>And I'm sure the Elves can field some rather
>obnoxious troops - probably deployed via fast-
>suborbital drop. Though finding 3.5' tall PA with
>curly toed boots might be a challenge.....

Very cool idea ;)

>Reindeer who are alleged to get huge
>multipliers in charge attacks.

Not bad ;)

>A rather large obnoxious yeti...

I'll take your word for it on this one... is it a Canadian thing or am I
am
I just ignorant??

>I'd consider giving Santa an ability to use dummy markers,
>representing his ability to displace himself by
>wiggling his nose....

Another good idea!

>And if anyone is chasing Santa, he might have
>picked up a trick or two watching Ord Sarno
>pod racing at ECC - lob a couple of chunks of
>debris off the sled in the general backwards
>direction - this tends to deter pursuers
>explosively.....

;)

To which Michael replied:
>That's not debris, it's coal for those "bad" boys and girls!

I'll pay that one! ;)

Thanks for all the great ideas guys!!

Thanks

Prev: [OT] Fleet Action 2 Playtest Available Next: RE: [OT] Voting schemes