Prev: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU) Next: [OT] Fleet Action 2 Playtest Available

Re: GZGverse Govt Structure

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:37:37 -0800
Subject: Re: GZGverse Govt Structure

Reminds me of a story about the architect who designed Istanbul's  Blue
Mosque (IIRC).	The Sultan told him he wanted a mosque with gold
minarets.
The architect realized this would break the bank.  So he built one with
(six
or seven, I forget) minarets, since the word for gold and the word for
that
number are very similar.  Then he told the Sultan, "Oh, I thought you
said....  The sultan admired his cleverness, and was appeased when it
was
pointed out that his new mosque had so many minarets, making it
impressive.
Or so the story goes.

Brian B2