Prev: Re: [OT] Voting schemes Next: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

Re: Framework of nations

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:28:26 -0800
Subject: Re: Framework of nations

Derek Fulton wrote:

and the US
>hasn't
>been a ideal example of a UN member and no amount of apple pie and
chest
>beating is going to change that.
>
>Now unless there's some ethnic group John would like to rant and rave
about
>let's steer back to the thread :)

Let's be fair, John didn't start the thread, he merely responded.  And
since
he got bopped for "Trolling," maybe it should be pointed out that the UN

dues issue was a significant bait as well.  I'd shudder to try to defend
the
US' actions regarding the UN, dues, et al, but John is touching on a
valid
complaint that while we have been perhaps less than totally gracious
hosts,
the UN and specific delegates have also proven less than exemplary as
guests, both incidentally and in certain cases as a pattern.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: [OT] Voting schemes Next: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)