Prev: Re: [OT] Voting schemes Next: RE: [OT] Voting schemes

Re: Attitude on the UN

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:46:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Attitude on the UN

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

>> During the Xeno war, NI supports defense of Earth
>> and the core. ...
>
> Depends--that's assuming the UN lays off the "Zionism
> is Racism" and "Arabs are always right" kick they've
> been on for the past 50 years or so.

Well, current events may be showing the beginning of that change, and I
think the GZG-verse's history (the destruction of Old Israel and
Gilderstein foundation as the root of FTL travel being key factors) will

have gone a long way to swing the pendulum to the opposite side by the
late 22nd century. In my NI timeline, I lay the foundations for at least

decent UN-NI relations around the time of the Xeno war (though, as is
right, there are always ways to get even strong allies to find cause to
fight occasionally in the GZG-verse).

As a side note, I feel you (John) might be overstating the case of the
current UN a bit.  I'm not a big fan of the UN's attitude towards Israel

today in the real world, but in the game context of ~ 200 years from now

I think its entirely reasonable to assume
attitudes/allicances/predilictions will have changed multiple times. Who

were the major world allies 200 years ago (global alliances/antagonisms
didn't really even exist)? 100 years ago? 50?

Prev: Re: [OT] Voting schemes Next: RE: [OT] Voting schemes