Prev: Re: OT (was RE: Replacing DSII Damage chits with die roll) Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes

[OT] Voting schemes

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:11:09 +0100 (MET)
Subject: [OT] Voting schemes

laserlight@quixnet.net schrieb:

> [...]

Well, states which had voting schemes based on the wealth of their
voters and/or excluded poor citizens either completely or restricted
them to specific topics include:

Most ancient Greek city states
Ancient Rome in the Republican period
Most medieval European City states
19th century Prussia and, later, Imperial Germany until 1918
IIRC England in the 19th century and earlier had property-based
restrictions on voting (but I may be wrong here).

Greetings

Prev: Re: OT (was RE: Replacing DSII Damage chits with die roll) Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes