Prev: Re: S'V Seekers Next: Re[2]: S'V Seekers

Re: Framework of nations

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 06:44:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Framework of nations

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> Instead of "one man, one vote", maybe it should be "one pound (dollar,
> whatever), one vote".  That way the countries which have torn up their
> own economies wouldn't have the opportunity to screw up anyone else's.
>
> Not that I expect the UN to be logical or reasonable.

There  have been a number of countries with similar a plutocratic voting
schemes. They don't seem to have had significantly better politics than
plain democracies.

BTW. would you like Bill Gates to have a Gazillion votes to your, say,
10 ?

Any state (or the UN) needs safeguards for minorities against silly or
evil
politics .The present UN has both the general assembly and the security
council, for example.

Greetings

Prev: Re: S'V Seekers Next: Re[2]: S'V Seekers