Prev: RE: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: S'V Seekers

Re: Plasma Pods (was Re: S'V Seekers)

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:30:25 -0800
Subject: Re: Plasma Pods (was Re: S'V Seekers)

Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea in principle, but I haven't had a chance to
give it
> a hard think. How do the numbers stack up vs what the Phalons use
(sorry
> can't remember off the top of my head).

Using that same doubling scale as the stingers do for mass would be
better:

Size	Biomass Energy
1	1	5
2	2	10
3	4	20
4	8	40
5	16	80

The Phalon PBLs are:

Size	Mass	Cost
1	5	15
2	10	30
3	15	45
4	20	60
5	25	75

hmm... before Oerjan gets me for the costing, starting the SV pods at
base 4 might be better.

Size	Biomass Energy
1	4	20
2	8	40
3	16	80

Though looking at it, it might be too much. The pods also have only
1/3rd the firing arc and 6mu less range, but they can fire everyturn.

Size	Biomass Energy
1	2	10
2	4	20
3	8	40
4	16	80

Or one could do a liniar progression of 3 biomass/4 energy per level:

Size	Biomass Energy
1	3	12
2	6	18
3	9	27
4	12	36
5	15	45

This puts the pod at about 50% cost of the PBL, but the the PBL can fire
unlimited times, every other turn, while this costs each time.

Or one could do a liniar progression of 4 biomass/4 energy per level:

Size	Biomass Energy
1	4	16
2	8	32
3	12	48
4	16	64
5	20	80

Or 4 biomass/5 energy per level:

Size	Biomass Energy
1	4	20
2	8	40
3	12	60
4	16	80
5	20	100

Just some numbers. I think I favour the 3 biomass/4 energy.

Prev: RE: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: S'V Seekers