Prev: Re: Military Questions Next: Re: Military Questions

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:12:29 -0800
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Tony Francis wrote:

> > That's so amusing, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me copy you. :-)
>
>Try it and we will of course sue you for appropriating our ideas and
the
>likeness of our ideas (so don't go off building a 'McBilderbecks'
model,
>we'll sue your a$$ off for that as well) :-))))

Bring it.  I'll just spill your coffee on my lap and countersue.

>I'll try to dig out the model in question if possible and take some
>pictures (if I ever get my home PC working again ...). IIRC the model
>was 20mm scale and made from the assorted bits of building that come
>with Matchbox 1/76th plastic vehicle kits, plus the ubiquitous plastic
>coffee stirrers.

I'm thinking of doing one more in line with sentiments here in the
Pacific
Northwest, and demolish a Star(bilder)backs - or as I like to call it,
mcCoffee.

>Diverging slightly, one of the Matchbox kits (the Sdkfz 11 half-track +
>PaK40) contains a ruined building with a Nazi eagle / swastika emblem.
>The swastika can easily be cut off and the wings straightened to make a
>halfway decent imperial eagle which can be used to adorn SF scenery.
>Again, if I can find an example model I'll photograph / post pictures
>(it'll be amongst the stuff that still hasn't been unpacked since I
>moved 12 months ago).

Speaking of such things, I was wondering if smaller 1/32nd scale
vehicles
can be converted into larger 25mm ones.  A local shop has some Scimitars
and
a Wiesel, as well as some smaller WWII stuff (Including a model of a
renault
converted by the Germans into a PanzerWerfer carrier).

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: Military Questions Next: Re: Military Questions