Prev: Military Questions Next: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:17:05 +0000
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> That's so amusing, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me copy you. :-)

Try it and we will of course sue you for appropriating our ideas and the
likeness of our ideas (so don't go off building a 'McBilderbecks' model,
we'll sue your a$$ off for that as well) :-))))

I'll try to dig out the model in question if possible and take some
pictures (if I ever get my home PC working again ...). IIRC the model
was 20mm scale and made from the assorted bits of building that come
with Matchbox 1/76th plastic vehicle kits, plus the ubiquitous plastic
coffee stirrers.

Diverging slightly, one of the Matchbox kits (the Sdkfz 11 half-track +
PaK40) contains a ruined building with a Nazi eagle / swastika emblem.
The swastika can easily be cut off and the wings straightened to make a
halfway decent imperial eagle which can be used to adorn SF scenery.
Again, if I can find an example model I'll photograph / post pictures
(it'll be amongst the stuff that still hasn't been unpacked since I
moved 12 months ago).

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Military Questions Next: Re: [OT] A variety of terminology/history questions